How many times have you had finger-licking baked chicken at a fast-food joint and wished you could have it easily at home? Wouldn’t it be awesome to make baked chicken at home that is not only tasty but super healthy and easy as well?
Well worry no more because this baked chicken delivers it all – oodles of flavor in the shortest of time with the simplest ingredients and a no-brainer recipe. What’s more, this baked chicken recipe is so delightful, you can even present it over lunch or dinner parties and get smiles all around. So why wait when we can be laughing in a matter of minutes?
This gorgeous crispy baked chicken recipe needs only a few simple things.
Baked chicken fingers ingredients
- Chicken breast – 2, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Garlic, finely chopped – 1 tbsp (alternatively, you can use 1 tsp dried garlic powder)
- Buttermilk – 1 pot (If you don’t have buttermilk, mix 1 cup youghurt with 2 tbsp lemon juice and set aside for 15 – 20 minutes)
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Cornflakes – for coating
You will also need a grilling sheet or cookie cooling rack for baking the chicken fingers.
Baked chicken recipe
- In a large bowl, put the buttermilk, chopped garlic, salt and a generous twist of pepper and mix well. Add in the chicken breast strips and mix so that the chicken is coated through. Set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Crush 2 to 3 cups of cornflakes to a fine crumble and take out on a wide open platter. (A plastic bag and a rolling pin work wonders!)
- Preheat the oven to 175 – 180 degrees (moderately hot).
- Put the marinated chicken in a collander to drain the excess marinade. Roll each chicken strip in the cornflakes crumble and place on the cookie rack.
- Place the cookie rack on the middle oven shelf and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Check that the baked chicken is done by breaking a chicken finger in the middle; the meat should have turned white.
- Serve the baked chicken fingers hot with a delicious dipping sauce, especially a Honey Mustard Sauce.
- Do not cover the baked chicken fingers or they will turn soggy.
- You can brush the cookie rack with a bit of oil before baking, but it’s not necessary.
- You can marinate and roll the baked chicken fingers in the cornflake crumble and refrigerate them in advance. They keep very well in the fridge and you can bake them just before your guests arrive. Enjoy!